The use of suction cups as a lifting technique allows for many possibilities. You can, for example, handle board materials or concrete slabs, open bags, pick up electronic components, label and hold objects.
But different applications have different needs, Piab offers one of the market’s widest ranges of suction cups so that each application will have its own solution.
Taking gripping to new dimensions…
Suction cups are used in a wide range of lifting and handling scenarios (for example, handling boards or even concrete slabs, opening bags, picking up electronic components, or labeling and holding objects) but different applications need different cup requirements. Piab’s market-leading piGRIP® modular suction cup system allows you to customise a solution for your needs.
- This modular suction cup fits most machines and can be optimized for handling almost all materials
- Six different lip types, optimized for various products to lift, ensure the right hardness/softness and sealing capability for your material
- Combined with the firm bellows, piGRIP® is stable enough to handle faster accelerations and more high speed lifts as compared to traditional cups
- Your choices are endless, piGRIP® is available as a flat, one, three or as a six bellow cup.
- The availability of more than 40 different fittings, six different types of lips, a low micron filter disc for the bellow and mesh filter for the fitting means that you can configure thousands of different types of cups to meet your exact need.
With DURAFLEX®, a strong, wear resistant and elastic polyurethane material, Piab can offer the unique dual-hardness feature for suction cups. These dual-hardness cups combine a strong and stable body/bellows with a high-sealing and soft flexible lip. They are ideally suited for applications where micro-leakage can occur, for example when a suction cup does not properly conform to a handled material.
- Dual hardness cups provide both the strength and flexibility needed to seal on uneven or coarse surfaces – handling materials like corrugated boxes, wood and textured plastic much more effectively than a conventional suction cup.
- By minimizing the leakage the vacuum level will be higher and the lifting force better.
- Machine speeds can be faster with a secure grip.
- Minimizing the leakage allows you to use a smaller vacuum pump/generator or lower the feed pressure, in turm lowering your energy costs. The lower air flow also means a lower noise level.
DURAFLEX® Friction – exceptional grip on oily surfaces
The unique DURAFLEX® friction cups are tailor-made for handling parts with an oily metal surface. The friction cups are made of polyurethane (DURAFLEX®) in dual hardness, with a softer cup-body design and a harder green support section, which represents the friction part of the cup.
The friction section has a special pattern which resembles the ones found on winter/snow tires. The rough cleat surface with sharp cleat edges and channels secure an exceptional grip on oily surfaces.
DURAFLEX® friction cups will have approximately 3-4 times better grip (friction/shear force) on an oily surface as compared to a conventional cup without any type of friction pattern. The initial wear will improve the friction/shear force on DURAFLEX® friction cups.